Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Storytime Zoo Penguins!

I Love Penguins.  For that reason at least once a winter I do a Penguin Storytime.  Luckily unlike my rogue snowman storytime, penguins actually can be found in the Zoo.  I had three books planned to read to the kids but they were so fidgety we ended up doing two rounds of the penguin dance, and one penguin song instead.  (The penguin song was us mostly walking around grocking like penguins...)

This is one of my favorite stories and not just because
Toni Buzzeo came to my library when I worked in ME.
But because the kids find this book hilarious!

I was really hoping to read this one because it
is cute and we have it as a "Big Book" normally I
try to include one big book in each program but
the kids were so squirmy I didn't use it.  

I don't know why I don't use pop up books more
often.  The kids love them and we have a ton here
at the library.  This one they thought was funny
since who would ever expect a penguin to be cold!

For our song instead of singing "Two Little Snowbears"
we sang "Two Little Penguins" the tune worked the
same and it fit my theme better.  

We made these cute heart shaped penguins in
honor of valentines day and the fact that I love
multicolored penguins.  The kids had fun gluing just
about everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment